Saturday, November 21, 2009

LGS Comp Score - November Tourny

I have a tournament this afternoon at the LGS
It will be the second one I play with their new comp score

This is there method for calculating comp score:


Warhammer 40k

Army Composition: The purpose of army composition is to prevent people from playing armies that are not fun to play against and that ruin the gaming atmosphere for the other players.


Starting score is 5.


+1 if you used 2 or less Heavy Support choices

+1 if you used 2 or less Fast Attack choices
+1 if you used 2 or less Elite choices
-1 if you use any Named Character HQ choice
+1 if you use 4 or more Troops choices
+1 if you only use 1 HQ choice


I find it a little limiting and an arbitrary way to "level" the playing field.
Oh no, A Marine player can only take two units of assault marines.

Last tourny I ignored the score and took 3 Heavys.
That is my standard (and fluffy) build for my Iron Warriors.

This month we've increased the points to 2000, so the 1 HQ, 2 Heavy, and 2 Elite were a very limiting, but I'm giving it a shot.

Here's what I'm going with:
HQ - Lash Sorcerer
Elite - Multi-melta Dreadnought
Elite - Melta and Flamer Chosen w/Rhino
Troop - Flamer Plague Marines w/Rhino
Troop - Melta Plague Marines w/Rhino
Troop - Plasma Plague Marines w/Rhino
Troop - Flamer Chaos Marines w/Rhino
Troop - Melta Chaos Marines w/Rhino
Heavy - Dakka Predator
Heavy - Vindicator

That list will net me a 10 on the comp score at least.

I have no real at-range anti tank, but I'm going to try to swarm my opponents with my resilient troops.

We'll see how it does, at least everything is painted...

Update with pics to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment